"upon this rock I will build my church"
1. I will protect the unity of my church
Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.
• by acting in love toward other members
• by refusing to gossip
• by following the leaders
2. I will share the responsibility of my church.
And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.
• by praying for it's growth
• by inviting the unchurched to attend
• by warmly welcoming those who visit
3. I will serve the ministry of my church
1 Peter 4:10
As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.
• by discovering my gifts and talents
• by being equipped to serve by my pastors
4. I will support the testimony of my church
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
• by attending faithfully
• by living a Godly life
• by giving regularly