1 Then Jonah prayed unto the LORD his God out of the fish's belly, 2 And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice.
Jonah ran from the presence of the Lord.
1 1 Now the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the son of Amittai, saying, 2 Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and cry against it; for their wickedness is come up before me. 3 But Jonah rose up to flee unto Tarshish from the presence of the LORD, and went down to Joppa; and he found a ship going to Tarshish: so he paid the fare thereof, and went down into it, to go with them unto Tarshish from the presence of the LORD.
Areas in which we make God wait on us:
1. For us to get our priorities right. (God, Family, etc)
God: "seek Me first" DO NOT give God the leftovers!
2. For us to stop making excuses and placing blame.
Do the job God called you to do!
3. For us to stop trying to make deals with Him.
4. For us to work out what He's worked in.
5. For us to love the world as He loves the world.
6. For circumstances to be perfect.
7. For us to give Him 100%
8. For us to become enthusiastic in our convictions.