Stress Relief God’s Way
I. Don’t Allow Stress to Rule Over You.
Vs.6 “Don’t worry about anything”
(A) Worry is Unreasonable.
B) Worry is Unnatural.
(C) Worry is Unhealthy.
(D) Worry is Unnecessary.
II. Rejoice, Be Happy in Difficult Times.
Vs.4 “Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again: Rejoice!
1. Rejoicing always is a matter of Focus.
2. Rejoicing always is a matter of Work.
3. Rejoicing always is a matter of Faith over Feeling.
III. Strive to Live a Gentle Life.
Vs. 5 “Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.”
(A) When I am not gentle in nature, I display an ugly Testimony.
(B) When I am not gentle in nature, I forget God’s Agenda.
(C) When I am not gentle in nature, I’m no longer living in God’s Image.
(D) When I am not gentle in nature, I live under Divine Conviction.
IV. Pray Like You Really Mean It.
Vs. 6. “But in every situation, by prayer and petition.”
(A) If it’s not worth praying about, it’s not worth worrying about.
(B) Don’t talk to yourself about the situation. Always be talking to God.
(C) Prayer opens my eyes.
He did not even spare His Own Son
but offered Him up for us all;
how will He not also with Him grant us everything?
Day by Day
Avery T. Willis, Jr.
1. Make a personal Quiet Time the first priority of your day.
2. Make preparation the night before.
3. Develop a balanced plan of Bible reading and prayer.
4. Be persistent until you are consistent.
5. Focus on the Person you are meeting rather than on the habit.