I will instruct and teach you about how you should live. I will advise you as I look you in the eye.
Principles we need to implement for this to work:
- Psalm 46:10
- God's will is not your responsibility, its God's. It's God's responsibility to reveal it to you. It's your responsibility to respond to it.
- "Trust in the Lord with all your heart"
- Be willing to obey God in advance
- You choose to do God's will even before you know it. It is a prior attitude of commitment.
- Make sure you are in fellowship with God.
- You must establish Jesus Christ as the Lord of your life first.
- Search the Scriptures
- God's will is found in God's word. God's will never contradicts God's word.
- Pray for God's wisdom
- "If anyone lacks wisdom, let him ask God, and it shall be given." James 1:5
- Get the facts
- "Get the facts at any price, and hold on tightly to all the good sense you can get." Proverbs 23:23
- Consider your desires
- Ask yourself, "what do I really want?" and "Why do I want it?"
- In Faith, make a decision
- I believe the Bible teaches that God would rather have you make a mistake in faith than sit and do nothing in doubt.
- Let circumstances confirm God's will
- I'm talking about the fact, after you've made the decision, after you've stepped out in faith.