1 Peter 4:10
The Lord's Laborers
and whoever wants to be first among you must be the slave of all. For even the Son of Man did not come to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."
- Labors in Love
- 1 Thessalonians 1:3 because we recall in the presence of our God and Father your work of faith and labor of love and endurance of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Labors not in vain
- 1 Corinthians 15:58 So then, dear brothers and sisters, be firm. Do not be moved! Always be outstanding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.
- Their Labor is known by Christ
- Revelation 2:2
- 'I know your works as well as your labor and steadfast endurance, and that you cannot tolerate evil. You have even put to the test those who refer to themselves as apostles (but are not), and have discovered that they are false.
- Knows that God does not forget
- Hebrews 6:10 For God is not unjust so as to forget your work and the love you have demonstrated for his name, in having served and continuing to serve the saints.
- Relies on internal power
- Colossians 1:29 Toward this goal I also labor, struggling according to his power that powerfully works in me.
- Desires to be obedient
- 2 Corinthians 5:9 So then whether we are alive or away, we make it our ambition to please him.
- Knows that it has to be done together
- 1 Corinthians 3:9 We are coworkers belonging to God. You are God's field, God's building.
- There is not an end
- Luke 10:2 He said to them, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Therefore ask the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into his harvest.